• Globally, the number of total confirmed cases has exceeded 3 million.
• WHO has published a technical guidance titled ‘Strengthening Preparedness for
COVID-19 in Cities and Urban Settings’. The guidance supports local leaders
and policy-makers in cities and other urban settings in implementing actions
that enhance the prevention, preparedness and readiness for COVID-19.
• The WHO Regional Office for Europe has highlighted the critical importance of
patient rehabilitation in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
• WHO Regional Director for the Eastern Mediterranean Region, Dr. Ahmed Al-
Mandhari, has called for ‘all to put aside their differences, find common
ground, and work together for the sake of humanity’.
• The WHO Information Network for Epidemics (EPI-WIN) has rapidly built an
innovative analysis capability to identify misleading sources, posts and
narratives, and predict rising areas of concern and information voids.